Free Home Value Report Search For Homes

Expert Tips for Home Buyers & Sellers

Our mission at The Jack Barry Group is to be your best resource for real estate advice. Whether you are a buyer, seller, or investor, our team of professionals can answer any questions you might have about real estate. Subscribe to this blog to get the latest news on local market trends and receive expert tips for buying or selling a home.

Friday, August 25, 2017

Why Is Lead Generation So Important in Life and Business?


If you want to have more relationships with friends, colleagues, business associates, etc., you need to lead generate.


I recently did an interview on the Real Estate Success Rocks podcast and talked about how to approach lead generation in both your life and business, and I want to elaborate on some of the important points of this topic for you.

 To listen to the full podcast episode, click here.

I’ve been in real estate for 10 years, and I have yet to find a business that doesn’t need lead generation. As Gary Keller says, “Until I have too many leads, that is my No. 1 problem in business.” Lead generation is a fact of business.

We have mastermind groups who work with business owners to get out of production and into strategizing, or how to start working on their business instead of in it. In order to do that, we need to have enough leads so that I can have more resources (e.g. money and time) to hire more people so I can grow my business bigger or grow another business in another industry.

What’s happened to me is the more people I help, the bigger and more successful my life gets. I’m not just talking about money, either. Lead generation is also a life skill. If you want to have more relationships with friends, colleagues, business associates, etc., you need to lead generate.

Lead generation is both a fact of business and a life skill.

You have to take massive action if you want massive results. I’m in anywhere from three to seven coffee shops a day meeting with people. Sometimes it’s 15 minutes, sometimes it’s an hour. It’s about attraction—not promotion. That’s how we get business, earn friends, and help people get to the next level in their lives.

For example, each member of our team does what’s called a “vision board” that we have to update every quarter. The vision board is essentially a poster board that you attach goal-related images to and hang at home somewhere that you can see every day. That way you know if you’re getting closer or farther away from your goal. My vision board is coming up next week, and if I don’t have a goal and I don’t know where I’m going, I’ll end up somewhere else.

If you have any questions about lead generation in your life or business, send me an email so we can help you get to the next level. I look forward to hearing from you.